Letter to Parents - ZOOM Safety
03rd April 2020
We are very excited to introduce our new online drama classes to our students this week! Our teachers have spent the past week undergoing intensive training to ensure our classes will be delivered to the same high standards as always.
We remain committed to our word, to continue offering our students a fun-packed drama session each week which will help them to grow in confidence, improve speech and language skills and provide social interaction at a time when they will need it more than ever!
We have taken all reasonable precautions and have safeguarding procedures in place to ensure our classes remain safe and to guarantee the wellbeing of students as well as teachers during the delivery of our lessons.
Our teachers have been trained in safeguarding procedures and have been issued with a checklist to minimise any risks as much as possible.
These include, but are not limited to:
· Connection links are only sent out to parents who have confirmed their consent for Term 3.
· Sometimes technology acts up. Students without cameras will be asked to identify themselves. If they are not able to, they will be removed until they can.
· Unidentified participants will be asked to leave.
· Parents are not permitted to film or take photos of the lesson. The Academy may occasionally take photos for our social media platforms but will only be done with parental consent.
· The lesson will start and finish punctually. Students will be required to wait in a “waiting room” until other students arrive before the “room’ is opened – just like in the real world.
· The Zoom room will be locked so that nobody can access without being let in by the teacher.
We are taking these measures to ensure that our drama classes continue to operate in a secure and safe environment as a place of learning and enjoyment.
If used properly, Zoom offers excellent security settings and is the preferred provider for private conferencing of many large companies. Zoom offers an end-to-end encryption so it as protected from outside interference as any similar conferencing providers, and after extensive research we believe it is the optimum platform to offer our classes online.
Zoom are GDPR compliant with EU regulations and further information can be found on this in the following link:
If you are worried about conferencing systems, such as Zoom or Skype, accessing your personal data we would you advise to avoid using social media logins upon sign up do different providers.
Thank you for your support.